PD-1800 HD DVR Firmware Version 4.8.19
Release Date 02/01/2021
How do I know which model I have?
- The model number on the top of unit is PD-1800
- The serial number on the bottom of the unit contains xxxxS8HDxxx
- The model number and serial number may be found in the 192.168.10.254 web page of the unit
Resolved potential issue with video deletion after loss of network connection during upload process
Method 1: through web interface
- Download the firmware from the link at the top of the page to your device (smart phone, tablet, or laptop)
- Connect your device to the DVR unit’s Wi-Fi or LAN port
- Open a web browser on your device and navigate to 192.168.10.254
- On the DVR’s web interface navigate to Settings > System Info
- Enter your username/password for access (Default Username: admin / Default Password: doesitall)
- In the Update Firmware box at the bottom of the page press Choose File and browse to the downloaded firmware file on your device
- Press Upload to upload the firmware to the DVR unit and update the firmware
- The unit will beep twice when the firmware has been uploaded and begins applying to the DVR
- After the firmware update completes it will beep once as well as display the status on screen; the DVR will then reboot automatically.
Method 2: through a SD card
- Plug a SD card into the proper card slot on your PC
- Create a new folder named auto_upgrade in the root directory of the SD card
- Download the firmware from the link at the top of the page to the "auto_upgrade" folder
- Eject the SD card from PC
- a. If DVR is off with the SD card plugged in, firmware update will start automatically once the DVR powers on
- b. If DVR is already on, firmware update will start automatically once the card is plugged in
- Plug the SD card into the DVR that needs to be updated
- After the firmware update completes it will display the status and if successful it will reboot the DVR unit
If you were connected to the DVR through Wi-Fi, you may need to reconnect after the DVR unit reboots.
After you have update the firmware it may be necessary to clear your browsers cache to allow it to load the updated interface, on Windows computers press CTRL + F5, on Mac computers hold Shift while clicking refresh on the page, and on smart phones you must go to Settings > History > Clear Browsing Data and select the 192.168.10.254 web page.
All firmware releases after January 2018 contain an important security update as well as the additional login prompt used in step 5 above.